Common Content Conundrums
- under Industry News
SEO relies heavily on top-notch content, but creating such content is not always as easy as one would think. Search Engine Land has identified some of the most common challenges sites face in content creation.
- Industry Jargon - It may be second nature to you, but it often bears little if any resemblance to the language potential customers use when searching for your good or service.
- Questions of Responsibility - Companies often have too few or too many fragmented groups responsible for creating content. This leads either to a work overload or poor coordinator among different content creating groups.
- Duplicate Content - This tends to be a problem for larger companies and can be caused by an array of factors from content management systems creating multiple URL’s, to load balancing, to bad analytics.
- Language Barriers - Creating content in a single language is hard enough, but having to translate and recreate it for other countries can be a cumbersome task.
- Non-Text Content - Images, video, podcasts, etc. can be difficult to employ in a link friendly way.
Read the full article here.