Account Manager (Level III)
Location: New York, New York — department: Customer Success
Conductor is the world’s leading SEO platform, helping businesses accelerate organic traffic and revenue growth. Conductor’s technology helps marketers create powerful marketing content to drive high-quality traffic to their site and measure their organic performance.
Conductor is a mission-driven company with a commitment to innovation, customer success, and culture. For Conductor, success is improving the lives of all the people in our orbit—our customers, our customers' customers, our employee-owners, and our communities.
Conductor is also proud to have been recognized externally: the company was named the leader in 2020 Forrester Wave: SEO Platforms Research Report and have been top rated on G2 and TrustRadius by customers.
Conductor is looking for an Account Manager (level III) to own the relationship between Conductor and our enterprise customers’ key stakeholders. In this role, you will be responsible for renewing and growing Conductor’s existing enterprise customers. This role works in partnership with Customer Success, Professional Services, Sales, Marketing, and Pre-Sales. The candidate will be a high impact individual capable of working cross-functionally to continuously drive improvements to customers’ success metrics, grow revenue from assigned accounts, ensure exceptional customer experiences, and facilitate knowledge exchange between customers and Conductor team members. Successful candidates must have a strong work ethic and the desire to not only meet net retention targets but to exceed them.
- Act as the business owner of assigned accounts; Define and implement a clear vision and business plan for your accounts to drive net retention
- Collaborate with Customer Success Manager on customer Lifecyle activities with a focus on executive engagement. Identify and remediate churn risk throughout entirety of the customer lifecycle.
- Understand and anticipate clients’ business needs to drive the success and growth of accounts
- Identify executive sponsors, establish strategic alignment between customers’ objectives and Conductor’s solutions, and develop a long-term strategy to address their strategic outcomes and drive results.
- Act as an advocate for clients internally while working across many departments to solve problems and achieve results, collaborating with Customer Success, Customer Support, Professional Services and Engineering to ensure an exceptional customer experience
- Assist customers with challenges and problems, converting them into sales opportunities when possible
- Confidently convey Conductors value proposition clearly and persuasively to a variety of different audiences, including C-Level executives
- Negotiate contract renewals and expansion opportunities
- Maintain account and opportunity forecasting within our internal CRM
- Maintain a strong level of knowledge of the complete capabilities of Conductor’s products and of Conductor’s internal operational processes.
- Prepare business reviews, proposals, demos, investment summaries, and contracts; completing Account Reviews quarterly with primary contacts and stakeholders
- Maintain an understanding of assigned customers’ platform adoption and utilization trends.
- Work as a team player by contributing, learning, and sharing new knowledge
- BS/BA degree desired; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5years of experience in a SaaS B2B Account Management, Sales, or Customer Success role in a corporate setting
- Tech savvy with an agility to learn about our platform, and the ability to “talk the talk” about web-based technologies
- Strong proficiency working Salesforce or other CRM and sales enablement tools required
- Demonstrated account planning and account management capability – aligning client strategy and desired outcomes with Conductors' solutions to drive deep and long-lasting revenue relationships with clients
- Knowledgeable of industry trends, companies, technology, and displays passion for Digital Marketing
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (including presentations), capable of conveying issues clearly, making points concisely and ensuring successful overall communication channels
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of management including senior executive level
- Exceptional listening and interpersonal skills with a high degree of approachability
- Strong team player with proven ability to work across many departments to solve problems and achieve results and make sound decisions
- Understanding of complex sales cycles, including discovery, objection handling, proposal building, negotiation, procurement, contract review and closing
- Proven history of attaining sales/retention targets for enterprise software solutions
- Ability to travel (10%+) to meet clients in order to support Account Reviews and on-site efforts to ensure client adoption and use of the Conductor platform.
Compensation: Conductor maintains competitive, performance-based compensation programs.
The base salary range for this role is currently $64,100 - $106,800
Actual base salary offered may vary within this range based on education, knowledge, skills, abilities, relevant experience, internal equity, and geographic location, among other factors. The actual compensation, if offered a position, will be based on these factors.
Variable compensation: In addition to the base salary, this role is also eligible for a variable bonus based on attainment of quota and performance targets. The base/variable mix is 60/40.
Benefits: Conductor offers the following attractive benefits and perks including: 100% covered employee medical plan, a dental & vision plans, 401(k) with employer contribution, an unlimited vacation policy, 10 sick days, short-term disability, long-term disability, generous paid parental leave, Employee assistance program, flexible savings accounts, paid holidays, life and accidental death insurance, and a host of perks (YOLO Months, internet/cell phone allowance, fully stacked kitchens, etc.).
Conductor LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Bringing in diverse perspectives and challenging our assumptions is the clear key to growth; it drives innovation, creativity, faster problem-solving, and stronger decision making. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, train, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Conductor does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. In addition, it is the policy of Conductor to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works.