Conductor is the world’s leading SEO platform, helping businesses accelerate organic traffic and revenue growth. Our technology helps marketers create powerful content to drive high-quality traffic and measure organic performance. We are a mission-driven company with a commitment to innovation, customer success, and culture.
For Conductor, success is improving the lives of all the people in our orbit; our customers, our customers' customers, our employee-owners, and our communities. Our Customer Success team is a key growth engine for Conductor. We have ambitious plans to deliver success for our customers and the company and need a dynamic, customer-oriented Associate Customer Success Manager to join our growing team.
We are looking for an Account Managerto own the relationship between Conductor and our enterprise customers’ key stakeholders. In this role, you will be responsible for renewing and growing Conductor’s existing enterprise customers. This position works in partnership with Customer Success, Professional Services, Sales, Marketing, and Pre-Sales. The candidate will be a high impact individual capable of working cross-functionally to continuously drive improvements to customers’ success metrics, grow revenue from assigned accounts, ensure exceptional customer experiences, and facilitate knowledge exchange between customers and Conductor team members. Successful candidates must have a strong work ethic and the desire to not only meet net retention targets but to exceed them.
What you'll do (Responsibilities):
- Act as the business owner of assigned accounts; define and implement a clear vision and business plan for your accounts to drive net retention
- Proactively manage pipeline and renewals to meet quarterly net retention targets across a set of existing Conductor customers
- Understand and anticipate clients’ business needs to drive the success and growth of accounts leveraging strong interpersonal and negotiation skills to drive commercial, business and technical discussions with customers that present a compelling case for solutions, including articulation of technical solution benefits to key customer stakeholders.
- Cultivate strong relationships with multiple executive sponsors, establish strategic alignment between customers’ objectives and Conductor’s solutions, and develop a long-term strategy to address their strategic outcomes and drive results.
- Champion your clients internally while working across many departments to solve problems and achieve results, collaborating with Customer Success, Customer Support, Professional Services and Engineering to ensure an exceptional customer experience.
- Assist customers with challenges and problems, and mapping to solutions in Conductor's platform and services offering in order to convert them into sales opportunities when possible.
- Act as a trusted consultant and customer advisor. Display the required patience, motivation, and drive to successfully navigate dynamic situations. Possess a customer advocacy mindset and the willingness to drive positive customer outcomes.
- Negotiate contract renewals and expansion opportunities
- Maintain accurate account and opportunity forecasting within our internal CRM
- Apply strong technical expertise and knowledge of Conductor's capabilities, market insights, and a deep understanding of the customer's business strategy to effectively influence and partner with customers to identify new business opportunities.
- Prepare business reviews, proposals, demos, investment summaries, and contracts; completing QBRs and EBRs with primary contacts and executive stakeholders
- Maintain a strong knowledge of assigned customers’ platform adoption and utilization trends.
- Work as a team player by contributing, learning, and sharing new knowledge as a leader for newer and more junior team members
Who you are (Required Skills/Abilities):
- BS/BA degree desired; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 8 years of experiencein a B2B Account Management, Sales or Customer Success role
- Tech savvy with an agility to learn about our platform, and the ability to “talk the talk” about web-based technologies.
- Strong proficiency working Salesforce or other CRM and sales enablement tools required
- Advanced knowledge of Digital Marketing required with an understanding of SEO as a plus
- Prior experience working within an enterprise SaaS organization required
- Strong account planning and account management capability – aligning client strategy and desired outcomes with Conductors' solutions to drive deep and long-lasting revenue relationships with clients
- Knowledgeable of industry trends, companies, technology, and displays passion for Digital Marketing and SEO. Proactively works to remain informed about new trends.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (including presentations), capable of conveying issues clearly and persuasively, making points concisely and ensuring successful overall communication channels with increased level of trust from customers.
- Comfortable working directly with multiple C-level executives, business sponsors, IT, and procurement
- Exceptional listening and interpersonal skills with a high degree of approachability and trustworthiness
- Strong team player with proven ability to work across many departments to solve problems and achieve results as well as work independently and make sound decisions
- Experience managing complex sales cycles, including discovery, objection handling, proposal building, negotiation, procurement, contract review and closing
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office, G suite)
- High level of urgency, Organized with a rigorous attention to detail, drive for excellence, and a positive “can-do” approach
- Strong presenting and consultative skills with the ability to uncover and relate to the client’s needs and strategy
- Proven history of exceeding sales/retention targets for enterprise software solutions
- Strong ability to negotiate and close enterprise level agreements, and ability to establish and hold customers to key timelines
- Ability to travel (10%+) to meet clients in order to support Account Reviews and on site efforts to ensure client adoption and use of the Conductor platform
Compensation: Conductor maintains competitive, performance-based compensation programs.
The base salary range for this role is currently $110,000 - $150,000.
Actual base salary offered may vary within this range based on education, knowledge, skills, abilities, relevant experience, internal equity, and geographic location, among other factors. The actual compensation, if offered a position, will be based on these factors.
Variable compensation: In addition to the base salary, this role is also eligible for a variable bonus based on attainment of quota and performance targets. This position is an 60/40 split.
Benefits: Conductor offers the following attractive benefits and perks including: 100% covered employee medical plan, a dental & vision plans, 401(k) with employer contribution, an unlimited vacation policy, 10 sick days, short-term disability, long-term disability, generous paid parental leave, Employee assistance program, flexible savings accounts, paid holidays, life and accidental death insurance, and a host of perks (YOLO Months, internet/cell phone allowance, fully stacked kitchens, one-time home office stipend at hire, etc.).
Conductor LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Bringing in diverse perspectives and challenging our assumptions is the clear key to growth; it drives innovation, creativity, faster problem-solving, and stronger decision making. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, train, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Conductor does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. In addition, it is the policy of Conductor to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works.