Director of Platform Engineering
We are looking for a hands-on, bright, energetic and seasoned Director of Platform Engineering to join our team at Conductor and lead our Platform Engineering Team (DevOps and CICD). These teams work directly with the Engineering organization and provide support to both the development effort and our platform. They are responsible for all of our production systems, including metrics, monitoring and alerting systems, and are continually pushing our continuous integration, delivery, and deployment solutions to the next level. This role will have a direct impact on our ability to help meet the needs of our customers and elevate the Engineering team to new levels.
The expectation is a hands-on leader who is able to jump in and configure kubernetes, alter an IAM policy via terraform and review helm charts, while keeping the team aligned on the north star and true to our mission.
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of extremely motivated and driven engineers
- Provide career growth, coaching, and leadership to members of the team
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the Engineering organization to educate, evangelize, and drive initiatives
- Define a vision and quarterly roadmaps for the team
- Regularly assess the health of architecture and systems, and advocate for upgrades and improvements as needed
- Identify areas for cost optimization and reduction
- Participate in software design reviews with product management and feature teams
- Work directly with the InfoSec team to collaborate on security initiatives and maintain certifications
- Lead and directly contribute to projects on the team
Who You Are:
- Hands-on leader who is able to jump in and configure kubernetes, alter an IAM policy via terraform and review helm charts
- Passionate about keeping the team aligned on the north star mission noted above
- 8+ years of experience in infrastructure engineering and operating SaaS applications in production environments with a minimum of 5 years in management
- Experience managing production Kubernetes environments at scale (Automation, monitoring, logging, autoscaling, security best-practices, operators)
- Experience with distributed tracing, application performance monitoring
- Advanced proficiency with Terraform, or other methods of writing infrastructure as code
- Advanced experience with AWS services such as EC2, RDS, IAM, SQS, S3, VPC etc
- Experience with Ansible, or some form of configuration management tooling
- Experience with Elasicsearch, Opensearch and other database operations such as Cassandra, MySQL or other RDBMS technologies
- Experience with SSO technologies like OIDC, SAML
- Passionate about engineering, modernizing tech stacks, and creating tools that enable Developers to self-service
- Experience Designing and Implementing Internal Development Platform(IDP)
- Working knowledge of software development and testing best practices
- Experience setting up and building continuous integration and deployment solutions such as ArgoCD, Jenkins, TeamCity, Spinnaker, SonarQube, Github Actions, etc.
- Familiarity with building and releasing software in an agile development environment
- Experience with monitoring and logging: Prometheus, Grafana, ELK
- Experience with Service-Mesh (Istio) and Global Cloud network deployments
- Knowledge of Security frameworks (NIST, MITRE) and tools (SIEM, Pentesting, Scanning) is a plus
- Experience with advanced deployment scenarios (canary, blue-green) is an advantage
- Proficiency with Java and other programming languages (Go, Scala, Python, etc.) are a plus
Platform Engineering Team Mission:
- Enable Conductor Engineers through Self-Service, Automation, and Tooling
- Architect, Create, and Support Stable, Self-healing, Scalable, Secure and Cost Optimized Infrastructure
Our Engineering Values
- Collaboration: We believe that engineers do their best work when working together in cohesive teams.
- Excellence: We believe in doing things the "right way" rather than the "fast way", and holding ourselves to a high standard of excellence.
- Growth: We believe engineers do their best work when they are constantly growing, learning, and changing.
- Communication: We believe in combining empathy with openness and honesty to set clear expectations and hold each other accountable.
- Impact: We believe we're making the world a better place by empowering marketers to really help their customers rather than just sell stuff.
Why You Should Join
At Conductor, we are looking for engaged and passionate engineers that can raise the bar. There is a tremendous opportunity here to have immediate impact in the day-to-day and affect the company's success and growth. We all share in the same values and push each other to meet these standards.
We are made up of a diverse group of people from all backgrounds and include a team of exceptional engineers in Kyiv as well. Wherever you are from, you will find a common ground here for continuing to push forward your career and make a difference in this industry.
Conductor, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Conductor Searchlight helps marketers create and optimize content to improve visibility online. The technology generates customer intent insights that lead to compelling content, increased traffic, and higher organic marketing ROI. Customizable dashboards and workflows guide marketers through the content creation process, empowering them to measure, refine, and demonstrate the effectiveness of their SEO and content marketing efforts.
In addition Conductor offers a suite of services and support including site audits, site migrations, and managed services that empower in-house marketing teams and digital marketing agencies to drive results and put their customers' needs first.
Conductor's forward-thinking customers include global and emerging enterprise brands like Citibank, Salesforce, ClassPass, and WeWork.
Compensation: Conductormaintains competitive, performance-based compensation programs.
The base salary for this role is currently $150,000 - $200,000. The actual base salary offered may vary within this range based on education, knowledge, skills, abilities, relevant experience, internal equity, and geographic location, among other factors.The actual compensation, if offered a position, will be based on these factors.
Variable compensation:In addition to base salary, this role is also eligible for a discretionary annual bonus based on attainment of corporate revenue performance targets.
Benefits:Conductor offers the following attractive benefits and perks including: 100% covered employee medical plan, a dental & vision plans, 401(k) with employer contribution, an unlimited vacation policy, 10 sick days, short-term disability, long-term disability, generous paid parental leave, Employee assistance program, flexible savings accounts, paid holidays, life and accidental death insurance, and a host of perks (YOLO Months, internet/cell phone allowance, fully stacked kitchens, etc.).
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Conductor LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Bringing in diverse perspectives and challenging our assumptions is the clear key to growth; it drives innovation, creativity, faster problem-solving, and stronger decision making. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, train, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Conductor does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. In addition, it is the policy of Conductor to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works.