Full-stack Engineer (m/f/d)
Location: Berlin, Germany — department: Engineering
What are we looking for?
Conductor is seeking a senior product-minded engineer with extensive full-stack application architecture design experience to power a massive-scale SaaS application. This engineer brings deep technical front-end and back-end architecture expertise and partners with Product Management, Engineering, and Cloud teams to drive architecture and define, design, create, manage, and deploy highly scalable and available applications.
Reporting to the Engineering Director, this engineer -
- Designs, develops, and implements solutions for our customer’s problems following the standards and principles of the Conductor R&D department
- Collaborates with data engineers, data scientists, application developers, UI/UX designers, and other stakeholders to define and implement solutions
- Empower the team to implement secure, scalable, high-performance, and reliable SaaS applications
- Unlock insights, innovation, and intelligence in the application, to support rapid development and iteration of capabilities for our users
- Appreciates working across stacks in an organization without silos
- Is motivated to understand the challenges in the SEO space, and has a passion for solving problems and not just delivering features
- Influences strategic thinking across the team. Advocates for best practices, investigates new technologies, and mentors other engineers.
The successful candidate must thrive in ambiguity with a strong decision-making capability along with a sense of accountability, leveraging a collaborative work style with a bias-to-action. The candidate must have a passion for solving hard problems with technical expertise and a growth mindset, using strong engineering rigor and platform-driven operational skills to drive the desired outcomes across global teams. Conductor is poised for significant growth and this engineer is a very important stakeholder in the next phase of our company’s journey.
Who you are
- A hands-on software engineer with 5+ years in software development, including 3+ years as an engineer building scalable and secure full-stack SaaS application platforms and systems powering intelligent applications.
- Has expertise in front-end and back-end design, implementation, deployment, and maintenance.
- Deep knowledge and experience with architectures for modern SaaS web platforms, microservice and micro-frontend architecture, API design, and modern back-end and front-end frameworks.
- Knowledge of various relational (row-oriented and columnar) and non-relational (key-value, document, graph, etc.) database technologies, including database and storage services in open source and those provided by public cloud vendors such as AWS (preferred) and GCP.
- Experience using cloud technologies, S3, RDS, SQS, SNS, Kafka, other event queues, containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes), storage, networking, and operating systems
- Understands modern approaches to CI/CD, feature management and provisioning, and user experience management
- An expert in full-stack development, including Java and TypeScript programming languages. Experience with Java Spring framework or other IoC frameworks. REST and GraphQL-based API design, Familiar with modern UI frameworks such as React/Vue/Angular.
- Understands processes, roles, policies, standards, and metrics that ensure the effective and efficient use of data/information, authentication and authorization, data security, privacy and confidentiality, and risks and mitigations.
- Proficiency with solution discovery and delivery using rapid prototyping, experimentation, and iterative development.
- Have a minimum bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills – can clearly communicate technical solutions to complex technical problems to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Our Engineering Core Values
- Design for the Future, Build for Today: Don’t be limited by the present. Anticipate, architect, and design for the long term so that we don’t have to rework our software as we grow. But build for today in terms of quality and time to delivery.
- Be Product-Minded: By knowing our customers, we can build better products that empower them and help their customers. To be a great Organic MarTech engineer one must understand the organic marketing landscape.
- Innovate: Step up the game. Find new ways to solve problems. Influence the entire product. Deliver better value for our customers. Create moats for our competition. Enhance our company’s brand, and enhance your own personal brand image.
- Optimize for Value: Great products focus on building value rather than chasing an artificial deadline. Embrace continuous planning that believes in delivering products when they are ready.
- Value Your Time: Think harder. Don’t settle. Strive for better outcomes than the last time in the same amount of time. Automate away toil and spend your energy solving newer, bigger, more interesting problems.
- Be Biased to Build Right: How you create value is very important. Prefer open source over commercial products to invent/create value and accelerate delivery. Dependency on external products for value creation increases cost and risk, impedes innovation, and discounts value.
- Seek Challenges: Good engineers just solve problems. Great engineers also seek and define new challenges. Invention and value creation happens when engineers show curiosity and initiative, and participate in defining “what’s next”.
- Embrace Change: When we maintain the status quo, we hold ourselves back. Have an open mind. Don’t cling to existing processes, technical biases, etc. Try something new. We all learn and grow together.
Why You Should Join
Conductor is a People-First and Customer-First company. We are looking for engaged and passionate technology leaders that can raise the bar. We have built a highly collaborative culture of technical excellence with tremendous opportunity to have an immediate impact in the day-to-day life of our employees and customers and drive the company's success and growth. We all share the same values, innovate, and motivate each other to attain ambitious goals, and celebrate each other’s success.
We are made up of a diverse group of people from all backgrounds. Wherever you are from, you will find a common ground here to accelerate your career and make a difference in the organic marketing industry.
Conductor, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Conductor’s search and content intelligence platform helps marketers create and optimize content to improve visibility online.
The technology generates customer intent insights that lead to compelling content, increased traffic, and higher organic marketing ROI. Customizable dashboards and workflows guide marketers through the content creation process, empowering them to measure, refine, and demonstrate the effectiveness of their SEO and content marketing efforts.
In addition to its SaaS platform, Conductor offers a suite of services and support including site audits, site migrations, and managed services that empower in-house marketing teams and digital marketing agencies to drive results and put their customers' needs first.
Conductor's forward-thinking customers include leading global and emerging enterprise brands.