(Senior) Data Engineer II - Java (m/f/d)
Conductor is the world’s leading SEO platform, helping businesses accelerate organic traffic and revenue growth. Conductor’s technology helps marketers create powerful marketing content to drive high-quality traffic to their site and measure their organic performance.
Conductor is a mission-driven company with a commitment to innovation, customer success, and culture. For Conductor, success is improving the lives of all the people in our orbit—our customers, our customers' customers, our employee-owners, and our communities.
(Senior) Data Engineer II - Java (m/f/d)
(Hybrid in Berlin or remote in Germany/ Full-time/ Permanent Contract)
What are we looking for?
Conductor is seeking a seasoned, product-minded data engineer with data architecture and data platform design experience to power massive scale SaaS applications. The individual plays a pivotal role in the design, development and maintenance of our data platform. We are looking for a candidate who possesses a strong delivery- and problem-solving mindset as well as a can-do attitude to shape the future of our data infrastructure. The individual will be working with a stack of technologies, such as Hudi, Spark, Kafka, and Redshift, among others.
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering on our Data Platform team, the individual will -
- Collaborate with application developers, cloud infrastructure experts and other stakeholders to gather requirements, design and implement data solutions that meet business needs and execute on the enterprise data strategy.
- Develop, maintain, and test ETL processes to transform and load data into Amazon Redshift for efficient querying and reporting.
- Design, implement, and review data solutions
- Create position papers and contribute driving Conductors data strategy across teams
- Design, build, and optimize and monitor data-pipelines ensuring quality and performance.
- Optimize data storage and retrieval processes to ensure scalability, reliability and cost-effectiveness.
- Leverage tools for building distributed systems such as Kafka, Spark, S3, Redshift, Kubernetes, Hudi, Parquet and more
- Replace legacy systems with state-of-the-art data pipelines
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, standards, best practices and emerging technologies to continuously improve our data platform.
- Appreciates working across stacks in an organization without silos
- Is motivated to understand the challenges in the SEO space, has a passion for solving problems and not just delivering features
- Influences strategic thinking across the team. Advocates for best practices, investigates new technologies and mentors other engineers.
The successful candidate must thrive in ambiguity with a strong decision-making capability along with a sense of accountability, having a collaborative and supportive attitude. The candidate must have a passion to solve hard problems with technical expertise and a growth-mindset, using strong engineering rigor and data-driven operational skills to drive the desired outcomes across global teams.
Who you are
- A hands-on data engineer with 6+ years experience in data engineering, building scalable and secure data platforms and distributed systems powering intelligent applications.
- Hands-on experience with cloud-based data storage and processing platforms, such as Amazon S3 and Redshift
- Extended knowledge of various relational (row-oriented and columnar) and non-relational (key value, document, graph, etc.) database technologies including database and storage services in open source and those provided by public cloud vendors such as AWS (preferred) and GCP.
- Deep knowledge and experience with architectures for modern data infrastructure including data lakes, data warehouses, ETL pipelines, physical and logical data formats, data processing systems, data reliability, security, and performance.
- A strong developer with comprehensive understanding of the data sources, data formats, and data processing challenges at scale in application verticals such as (preferably) organic marketing/ SEO, retail, content, etc.
- Expertise in the Java programming language
- Proficiency with solution discovery and delivery using rapid prototyping, experimentation and iterative development.
- Have a minimum of bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills – can communicate clear technical solutions to complex data problems to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Friendly, open-minded and helpful international colleagues
- Access to the learning platform LinkedIn Learning
- Soft drinks and fruit as well as regular breakfast and pizza days
- Team and company events
- Urban Sports (M) or Fitness First membership
- 28 days vacation at the start, 30 days after two years
- Company pension allowance
- Dog-friendly office
Interested? Then we look forward to receiving your application via the application link on our careers page. After receiving your application, you will immediately receive a confirmation e-mail from us. If you do not receive it, please check your spam folder and redirect the mails from our mail address to your inbox.