Staff AI/ML Software Engineer (m/f/d)
Conductor is the world’s leading SEO platform, helping businesses accelerate organic traffic and revenue growth. Conductor’s technology helps marketers create powerful marketing content to drive high-quality traffic to their site and measure their organic performance.
Conductor is a mission-driven company with a commitment to innovation, customer success, and culture. For Conductor, success is improving the lives of all the people in our orbit—our customers, our customers' customers, our employee-owners, and our communities.
To support our engineering department, we are looking for a newStaff AI/ML Software Engineer (m/f/d)
(Hybrid in Berlin or remote in Germany/ Full-time/ Unlimited contract)
- Oversee the planning, architecture, execution, and successful completion of ML projects to address customer needs, following the standards and principles of our R&D department.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and implement solutions, and unlock insights, innovation, and intelligence in our applications.
- Empower the team to build secure, scalable, high-performance, and reliable intelligent applications.
- Build, finetune, and deploy both inhouse and 3rd party Large Language Models (LLMs) like OpenAI and other foundational GPT models
- Develop ML technologies such as vector databases and embeddings while laying the foundation of our MLOps infrastructure and services
- Influence strategic thinking and advocate for best practices, new technologies, and continuous learning within the team.
- Mentor and guide other engineers, fostering a culture of knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- Understand the challenges in the SEO space and demonstrate a passion for solving problems, rather than just delivering features.
- Completed studies in Computer Science, Mathematics, engineering or a related field or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years of experience in software development, with at least 3 years in building large data handling platforms and systems for intelligent applications.
- Hands-on experience with ML technologies or toolkits such as embeddings, vector databases (e.g., Milvus), PyTorch, AWS SageMaker, or other equivalents.
- Strong coding skills in Python. Familiarity with Java is a plus
- Experience using cloud technologies, particularly in data/ETL/Spark/MapReduce and large distributed systems.
- Knowledge of AWS technologies or other cloud providers. Experience with Kubernetes or other containerization technology is a plus.
- Proficiency in solution discovery and delivery using rapid prototyping, experimentation, and iterative development.
- Up-to-date with the rapidly-evolving landscape of techniques and tools used to build AI into products.
- Analytical, proactive, structural and implementation-oriented thinking, combined with a solution- and goal-oriented hands-on personality, who is comfortable working across stacks in an organization without silos and taking ownership of end-to-end problem-solving
- Professional verbal and written communication skills in English, with the ability to clearly articulate your work to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Friendly, open-minded and helpful international colleagues
- Access to the learning platform LinkedIn Learning
- Soft drinks and fruit as well as regular breakfast and pizza days
- Team and company events
- Urban Sports (M) or Fitness First membership
- 28 days vacation at the start, 30 days after two years
- Company pension allowance
- dog-friendly office
Interested? We look forward to receiving your application via the application link on our careers page. After receiving your application, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from us immediately. If you do not receive it, please check your spam folder and redirect the mail from our mail address to your inbox.