Conductor Mobile App Help
Are you a Conductor Searchlight user? If so, just use your Searchlight credentials to log in. Learn more about what the app can do for you on the Conductor Searchlight Knowledge Base.
You want to know what’s on your customers’ minds. There’s no richer source of insight than online search, where customers ask questions, confide their thoughts, and make purchase decisions billions of times a day.
The Conductor App’s Customer Voice feature lets you see inside that data. You can use the app – for free – to do market research, content ideation, and to improve all your customer-facing communications.
Just enter a keyword or a URL and Customer Voice provides topic suggestions related to your audience’s areas of interest.
Set Up Your Preferred Location
By default, Customer Voice provides data for the U.S. market in English. However, you can set the app to generate suggestions for any of the location and language combinations listed below:
To set a new location, use the following instructions:
1. From the Customer Voice home screen, tap More in the menu at the bottom.
2. Tap Customer Voice Location.
3. Tap the location and language combination you want to see suggestions for in Customer Voice. The location and language combination is now set.
Using Customer Voice
You can use Customer Voice to generate suggestions based on a keyword or on a specific webpage.
Choose to get topic suggestions based on a keyword if you want to discover how your audience talks about similar keywords. Learning this can help you identify the language you can use to be relevant and build trust using the voice of your customer.
Choose to get topic suggestions based on a webpage if you want to discover what keywords your audience is using to find that page. Learning this can help you identify the language your customers are already using to find your content or your competitors’ content. Write with this relevant language to build trust using the voice of your customer.
Get Topic Suggestions with Customer Voice
1. Open the Conductor App. By default, the Customer Voice feature appears.
2. Enter a phrase—if you want to generate suggestions of similar keywords—or a URL—if you want to generate suggestions for similar keywords to those that rank for the webpage.
At this point, Customer Voice shows you up to the top 1,000 keywords associated with the keyword or URL you entered, sorted by monthly search volume. You can use these keywords to drive your content strategy to be more focused on the voice of your customer.
Focus on the Most Relevant Suggestions
To focus on the most relevant terms your audience uses to search for topics suggested by Customer Voice, you can refine your results to discover only the keywords that make sense for your organization’s content strategy.
To focus on the most relevant suggestions, use the following instructions to refine your results:
1. In Customer Voice, generate suggestions for a keyword or a webpage or open a previously viewed set of suggestions.
2. In the upper right, tap the Refine icon.
3. Select from the options listed below to refine your results:
• Sort suggestions by number of monthly searches or alphabetically.
• Filter by whether the suggested keyword comes in the early- or late-stage of the buyer’s journey.
• Filter by the level of competition each suggested keyword has.
• Choose to include or exclude commonly themes in your suggested keywords to focus on only the themes you’re interested in.
4. In the upper right, tap Save. Your suggested keywords now reflect the ways you refined your results.
Save Suggestions as You Use Customer Voice
At any point, you can save suggestions so you can address them later.
To save an individual suggested keyword, swipe right and tap Save Result.
1. Tap Save at the top of the table of suggestions.
2. Select the check boxes next to the keywords you want to save.
3. When you are finished selecting suggested keywords, tap Done.
To see your saved suggested keywords, tap Your Saved Results on the main Customer Voice screen.
How many searches can I make every month?
You can make 20 searches per month in Customer Voice.
I’m out of searches for the month. When do they renew?
On the first day of the next month, you’ll be back to having 20 searches.
This is cool. How can I get more from this app?
Conductor’s content intelligence platform Conductor Searchlight includes a wealth of resources about content ideation, competitive intelligence, and content activity measurement for digital marketing teams. Sign up for a demo here.