About Conductor, Awards, Press Releases
Conductor Ranks #4 in the 2012 Best Companies to Work for in New York State
50 New York companies were recognized for their outstanding achievements in employee engagement at the 2012 Best Companies to Work for in New York State awards event held in Albany on Thursday, April 26.
This fifth annual program identifies the best places of employment in the Empire State. Created in 2007, it has quickly become a prestigious honor for winners. A company’s participation often leads to valuable and unique long-term benefits for its corporate climate and for its employee recruitment and retention strategies.
Employers from across the state entered the two-part process to determine the best places to work. To be considered for the program, companies had to fulfill the following eligibility requirements:
- Have at least one facility and fifteen employees in the state of New York;
- Be a for-profit or not-for-profit business or government entity;
- Be a publicly- or privately-held business;
- Be in business for a minimum of one year; and
- Register to participate
A survey was then conducted by Best Companies Group, an independent firm that manages Best Places to Work programs on state, regional and national levels around the world. They evaluated and ranked the best places of employment in the State based on employee satisfaction, as well as workplace practices and policies.
Peter Burke, president of Best Companies Group informed the audience at the awards dinner that while the national average for employee engagement is around 33%, the New York survey results showed that 92% of employees at winning companies felt engaged, connected and willing to go above and beyond for the company, their managers and the clients.
“Every day, people ask me about the state of the economy and how they can address retention issues as the market continues to recover. Our 50 winners that made the list know the answer. They are focused on one key ingredient to success – their employees” said Lorri Zelman, chair of the Best Companies to Work for in New York Initiative for the New York State Society for Human Resource Management (NYS-SHRM).
“A more engaged, satisfied workforce generates an increase in productivity, directly effecting bottom-line business results. Virtually all top organizations acknowledge this, and as a result, they include retention and employee engagement as a top priority within their business strategy, goals and objectives.
The 2012 list of Best Companies to Work for in New York winners is made up of 50 organizations split into two groups: 26 small/medium-sized employers with 15-249 employees in the United States and 24 large-sized companies of 250 or more U.S. employees. In addition to recognition at the awards event, a special publication highlighting each company’s unique employment perks is available to view online at www.BestCompaniesNY.com.
The Best Companies to Work for in New York State program is a partnership between the NYSSHRM, The Business Council of New York and Best Companies Group. The 2012 event was sponsored by Jackson Lewis, LLP. For more information about participating in the 2013 Best Companies to Work for in New York State program, please visit www.BestCompaniesNY.com or contact Best Companies Group at 1-877-455-2159.
Winners listed in ranked order within their category. Primary state office location provided.
Small/Medium Employers (15 to 249 US Employees)
- First American Equipment Finance Fairport, NY
- Nigel Frank International New York, NY
- MAC Source Communications Syracuse, NY
- Conductor, New York, NY
- HR Works, Inc. Fairport, NY
- Ambrose Employer Group, LLC New York, NY
- Grassi & Co. Jericho, NY
- Veramark Technologies, Inc. Rochester, NY
- SeaComm Federal Credit Union Massena, NY
- MBMS, Inc. Amherst, NY
- Fibertech Networks, L.L.C. Rochester, NY
- >Lawline.com New York, NY
- Holtz Rubenstein Reminick LLP Melville, NY
- Quorum Federal Credit Union Purchase, NY
- New York Container Terminal, LLC Staten Island, NY
- Rusk Renovations, Inc. New York, NY
- Specialist Staffing Solutions (SThree) New York, NY
- The Pike Company Rochester, NY
- Solomon Page Group LLC New York, NY
- Pharos Systems International Rochester, NY
- Wiss & Company, LLP New York, NY
- APG Asset Management US Inc. New York, NY
- The Hayner Hoyt Corporation Syracuse, NY
- Outreach Richmond Hill, NY
- Goldberg Segalla LLP Buffalo, NY
- Northland Communications Utica, NY