Datenschutz | Searchmetrics Suite & Consulting Services
Providing our services
We provide our Customers with a user account on our platform to access our software platform. You will need to set up a user account in order to obtain access to such. We will collect data which has been provided by you, this will likely include your name, email address, telephone number and company postal address.
We use this information for providing our services under the terms of the legal agreement we entered into with you or on the basis of our legitimate interest where a balance is always made between your interests of protection and our legitimate interests.
Marketing to you or your company
We use email marketing to provide you with promotional materials about or services of those of our group companies. We may process contact information that you provide to us for the purposes of marketing in accordance with our legitimate interests to promote our business. You can request to be removed from the mailing lists by unsubscribing at the bottom of any such emails or by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Improving and optimizing our Platform and Website
With whom do we share your information?
Merger or acquisition: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
Required by law: If we are required by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or future legal proceedings and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Enforcement: In order to enforce or apply the terms of the legal agreement, to investigate actual or suspected breaches or to protect the rights, property or safety of ours, our Customers or others.
How do we secure your personal data?
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is kept secure. To prevent unauthorized access, disclosure or loss, we have put in place appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard the personal data we process, such as encrypting of data at rest, data in-transit, network traffic, connections, equipment and back-up. In addition, we have a least privileged access policy to ensure limiting access only where required to authorized personnel.
For how long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your personal data longer than necessary in relation to the purposes for which the data are processed. This means:
- If you contact us with a question, request, feedback, or complaint, we will delete your personal data within one (1) year after handling your question, request, feedback, or complaint.
- Account deletion: we may retain all your account data until you amend or have deleted any of such information. You can delete your account by sending us a request at the email contact below or by contacting your usual point of contact. By permanently deleting your account, the functionalities requiring an account will no longer be available, and your personal data in relation to your use will also be deleted. Deletion of your account will not affect our processing of your personal data for purposes not directly related to your account, such as for accounting purposes or to comply with our legal obligations.
- We will retain your personal data longer if we still need your personal data to comply with the applicable law, or for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims.
What rights do you have in respect of your data?
Certain data subjects are entitled to rights based on the jurisdiction in which they reside, we believe that all individuals should be able to exercise the same control and rights over their personal information, in keeping with that, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data held by us: You can ask us whether we process your personal data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that personal data.
- Request us to rectify or complete your personal data: If you believe the personal data we process about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can ask us to rectify your data.
- Request us to erase certain personal data: You can ask us to delete or remove your personal data in some circumstances.
- Request us to restrict the processing of your personal data: You can ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data in some circumstances, such as when you contest the accuracy of the personal data.
- Object to our processing of your personal data: You can object to our processing of your personal data and ask us to stop such processing at any time if we rely on our own or someone else’s legitimate interests to process your personal data or where we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes. When we rely on legitimate interests, we may continue processing your personal data if we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds, which we will consider on an individual basis. Where you object to our processing for direct marketing purposes, we will stop processing your personal data for such purposes.
- Request to port your personal data: You have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain personal data you have provided to us (in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format) and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer this to a third party of your choice.
- Request to withdraw your consent: If we rely on your consent for processing your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: If you have a concern about the way we have handled your personal data, you can lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
You may send us such request using the contact details above. We will handle your request and respond to you without undue delay and at the latest within 30 days of receipt of your request in line with applicable data protection rules. We may need to identify you and obtain proof of your identity to be able to respond to your request.